Mobile application development is indispensable to expanding a small business to the entire world with limited resources. The business executive wants to switch online to scale their operations to a new horizon in the current evolution.
But if you’re confused about how your business needs a mobile app? Don’t worry; I’m here to assist you. First, answer this question, and then, later on, we’ll elaborate on the development process. So, hold it tight!
Why Do Businesses Need Mobile Apps?
The mobile application ensures the online business presence and brings new business strategies. Thus, innovative business strategies ultimately upscale your company by bringing new customers.
For deeper insights into how mobile applications will earn for businesses in 2022. We conducted a market survey and discovered some incredible results.
- Mobile applications in the United States will make $420.70 billion in 2022.
- According to our survey, the annual growth rate in mobile application revenue is projected to increase by 6.58%.
- According to a global analysis, the mobile app industry in China is expected to make $146.50 billion in 2022.
Mobile App Development For Small Businesses: Things To Consider Before You Start
- Define Your Small Business Goals: It’s best practice to document your business goals before you hire someone for your small business application development. Now, the question is how it will assist. Well, when you have a written plan in your hands, you will be able to track it more conveniently. It also provides an in-depth analysis of your company’s market, achievements, and values.
- Conduct Competitive Research: The next step after reaching your initial business goals is to investigate your customer’s demands and monitor your core competitors. Furthermore, 80% of startups fail due to inadequate competitor analysis and customer demand. So, It’s better to conduct market research and plan your dream application well.
- Planning Your App: As reported by business insights, 56% of startups fail due to a lack of undocumented business plans and application ideas. Thus, document your plans and operations well and stand up among the remaining 46%.
- Choose MVP First: If you are new in the business then it’s recommended to get an MVP design for your mobile application. It costs less and saves time to engage a perfect and targeted audience.
- Add The Right Features: You shouldn’t overburden your app with features that aren’t necessary or core to your business. We are not suggesting it blindly, but the companies have business development teams that have practiced all those things.
Now, I think it’s time to learn about the mobile app development process that software companies follow. The process begins with an initial phone call and concludes with the release of a business app and its maintenance.
Getting Started With Mobile App Development Process
1. The Initial Call
The initial phone call is cardinal for both the software development agency as well as the small business executive. Mostly during this initial call client primarily discusses the company’s prior projects, portfolios or case studies, etc., in short, knowledge about the company.
In addition, the client shares their ideas about project requirements, technologies to be used, and more. Finally, at this stage, business executives and software agencies collaborate on common goals and agree to develop a business app.
2. Understanding Client Requirements
Following the initial call, a requirement engineer is assigned to the client to understand their project essentials and business goals. The requirement engineers are experts in their domains (Healthcare, Fintech, or eCommerce) and usually are “Principal Software Engineers.” Consequently, they analyze the requirements and come up with feasible solutions or suggestions where needed.
3. Develop Project Proposal And Agreement
The problem is elaborated on, and a solution is presented with deliverables and project timelines. In addition, a complete project road map is included with a proper project schedule and project budget parallel to each model.
4. Share Timelines For The Project
At this stage project, the roadmap and timelines parallel to each module are shared with the client. Project managers manage the timelines and deliverables to keep everything on track. In addition, the project costs vary as the size of each module increases.
5. Agile Sprint (Design, Development, Test)
The agile sprint phase is designed after a comprehensive meeting with the client. Project roadmaps are defined, and timelines are set according to client requirements. In addition, parallel to each sprint, some portion of the project is delivered to the client. However, it builds a strong relationship between the client and the company for satisfactory work.
6. Develop The App
Software Companies prioritize client needs, which is why we use scrum agile development methodology to deliver cutting-edge solutions. Now, let me tell you how each module is specifically designed after each documented sprint.
First, our development teams and project managers collaborate to develop each module of the software after a successful agile cycle. Then, our designers and software testers start working on UI/UX and software testing, respectively, to get an amazing product.
7. Testing and Debugging
The next phase is to test the applications and deploy them on online servers. At this stage, different types of software testing techniques are followed. For example, Microsoft performs automated testing using Selenium or Katalon Studio. Then, our software testing team also performs manual testing to deliver a 100% bug-free end product.
8. Project Delivery and Software Maintenance
Finally, after the testing and debugging stage, a concluding phase comes into the scene. The end product software is delivered to the client as promised with all essential features. The maintenance portion is optional, but in this phase delivered software product is maintained by developers, and technical support is provided to clients.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop A Mobile App For Small Businesses
For small businesses, the overall development cost of mobile apps for iOS or Android depends on a few parameters. These costs depend on the app features, resources for the app, target audience, business niche, and much more.
But don’t worry, I’ve some figures to share with you. The cost to create a basic mobile app is somewhere around $10,000- $15,000. On the other hand, a medium size app costs $25,000- $35,000. In addition, a high-end, powerful but efficient app starts from $40,000 onwards.
Additionally, according to our experience, the development costs may vary if you work with a reliable and experienced software development partner.
Finding A Reliable Development Partner
As a small business owner, finding a reliable software development Partner is important for many reasons. Whether you’re looking to create an online food delivery service or want to make your existing website more secure, there are many challenges that you’ll need to overcome to make your business successful. For example, finding a development partner that will provide you with long-term development services is essential, as is post-release maintenance.
While searching for a development partner, look for a company that offers the same methodologies that you employ. Lean and Agile systems use continuous testing and regular communication to develop and release new software. Make sure that you have a partner that is transparent about their coding practices and will provide you with periodic project progress analysis and threat evaluation.
Your development partner should be able to handle the complexities of the VUCA environment that your company is working in. This type of environment can turn your product plan upside-down in days, so you need a partner that will be adaptable and flexible enough to adapt to the changing circumstances. In addition to delivering a quality product, a development partner should also be able to work remotely and efficiently across time zones, so your team can continue to work on your project while the partner is away.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do Small Businesses Create Apps?
Now small businesses can develop their mobile apps more conveniently than before. They can either hire a freelancer developer or a software development agency. But, I will recommend hiring a software agency because they work in teams and bring innovative ideas.
How Do I Start Developing an App for Small Businesses?
Mobile app development for small businesses is not a heart-rending process. You have to analyze your business requirements and start with the aforementioned mobile app development process starting from product design and programming.
Is it Worth building a Mobile App for Business?
Yes! It will scale your business 20x times and generate prominent leads. According to statistical analysis, 63% of small businesses have been using mobile apps since 2021. Consequently, mobile app development for small businesses is worthwhile.
What Are the Benefits of Mobile App Development for Small Businesses?
It will ease regular operations and scale your company to new horizons. Here, I have listed some benefits of mobile apps for small businesses:
- Ensure your online presence.
- Entice new customers and business partnerships.
- Build customer loyalty and increase sales.
- Increase business awareness and availability.
How to Find the Best Mobile App Development Company?
Anyway, I’d like to mention a couple of things before you choose the right mobile application development partner. Examine the company’s social media channels and customer testimonials. Furthermore, navigate their website for case studies and projects to learn how they manage and develop their projects.